What is Microcurrent?
Microcurrent in aesthetics is commonly described as “facial toning" or "non-surgical face lifting” due to the dramatic lifting effect that microcurrent has on facial muscles and contours.
Microcurrent is a sub-sensory current which works by stimulating facial muscles helping to be firmer and more toned and prevent loss of muscle tone. Microcurrent stimulation delivers tiny electrical impulses that mirror the body’s natural bioelectrical field. In most cases, treatment is virtually sub-sensory, with just a slight electrical tingling sensation.
Microcurrent therapy was initially developed for treating facial palsy and is now used widely in physiotherapy for pain control and wound healing.
As an aesthetic treatment, microcurrent stimulation has been shown to have many cosmetic benefits:
- toning and strengthening of facial muscles
- increases blood and lymph circulation
- increases the production of ATP, collagen, and elastin and absorption of skincare products
During the treatment, all 32 facial muscles are physically manipulated using soft cotton tipped wands (probes) or other attachments that transmit the microcurrent impulses. There might be a slight tingling sensation, metal taste and some flashlights when we work around the eye are.
Although a remarkable difference is expected after the first treatment, the benefits of microcurrent are cumulative, and typically a course of 12 treatments will be required for optimum results. Since some muscles respond quicker than others, we recommend a series of treatments to experience the full effect and to have long-lasting effects.
Why celebrities love it
It’s excellent treatment to have before a special event, such as Red Carpet, and the results can last for up to 5 days. CACI was in the news after Jennifer Lopez purchased a personal device.
Read more on Cosmopolitan.com
Things to consider
1. Maintenance regimen has to follow, like going to the gym. If you don’t exercise regularly, your muscles lose the strength and tone.
2. Proper skin care regimen is a must. Similar to exercising requiring adequate nourishment, make sure your skin care products have the ingredients your skin needs for optimal function.
3. Microcurrent treatments are usually excellent to pair with other professional skincare treatments. We are happy to guide you through your first Microcurrent treatment.